Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Admins
Online on Site
Hello all,

I'll keep this short and sweet.

The server is currently restarting every 12 hours to improve the overall running of the ship as a result of our increased population.

Currently the restart times are set to 6am / 6pm GMT, and 1am / 1pm EST.

For our European playerbase this is not ideal.

Vote for your preference below. If your preference is not included, feel free to post below alongside others with the reasons behind your choice.

To clarify: we can only do two restarts every 12 hours. The time between these restarts cannot be adjusted.

Alternatively we can return to one restart per 24 hours. That has been added.

Many thanks,
Sarin
6am / 6pm GMT - 1am / 1pm EST
3 votes
13%
5am / 5pm GMT - 12am / 12pm EST
4 votes
17.4%
4am / 4pm GMT - 11am / 11pm EST
9 votes
39.1%
Return to once every 24 hours.
7 votes
30.4%
Number of voters: 23
banner.png
Posted Jan 6, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 6, 19
Midnight Admin
Votes:
+27
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
To give you perspective on server activity, here's a link to the graph: Activity graph
The y-axis shows the number of players, the x-axis the time in GMT.
Posted Jan 6, 19
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
Would there really be a dramatic decline in efficiency if it was every 24 hours? If it's set at 6am GMT, the online population will be much smaller, and it would also mean less work for you while not disrupting the majority.
Posted Jan 6, 19
Arinoth AdminDM
Votes:
+60
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
DM
We set it to 2 a day because initially when we were getting random crashes(once, sometimes rarely twice a day) we were told that upping the regular restarts was a potential fix. However, we recently found out what we think was the culprit of the crashes, though it hasn't yet been long enough for us to know for certain(We would have 2-3 days at a time without a random crash before) so we need a little more time before we're certain. That said, I don't mind moving to one restart a day again.
banner.png
Posted Jan 6, 19
Midnight Admin
Votes:
+27
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
I will add to that, that the 2 restarts per day have been a suggestion I picked up from another experienced server admin. Having only 1 restart per day might be more convenient overall, but having 2 restarts might still be worth it in the grand scheme of things if it helps performance during the phase of the greatest activity.
Posted Jan 6, 19
Votes:
+6
Untagged users
Since there are two restarts a day, performance has improved on my end.
Posted Jan 6, 19
Votes:
+21
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I like it how it is now. Besides there is a warning message in game and the restart does not take that long after all. I think it is good for the server to have two restarts a day.
Posted Jan 6, 19
Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
This won't disrupt EU players too much. 4 to 6 pm GMT is about the time folks start to get home from doing responsible adult things, and enough time to do responsible adult after-work things before settling in to prime time. If you're really curious about the peak log-in times, any of the server trackers should give a fairly good breakdown over up to a month worth of data.
Commissions. I do them.

Portfolio | DevArt | Tumblr
Posted Jan 7, 19
Midnight Admin
Votes:
+27
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
This won't disrupt EU players too much. 4 to 6 pm GMT is about the time folks start to get home from doing responsible adult things, and enough time to do responsible adult after-work things before settling in to prime time. If you're really curious about the peak log-in times, any of the server trackers should give a fairly good breakdown over up to a month worth of data.
Or, you know, click on that activity graph link that I posted above!😛
Posted Jan 7, 19
Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
or that!
Commissions. I do them.

Portfolio | DevArt | Tumblr
Posted Jan 8, 19
NoticeNotices