Main Forum

Mod Suggestion: Stygian Builder Kit

5 replies
Votes:
+3
Untagged users
Hello Exiles!

I'd like to propose yet another mod be added to the server; Stygian Building Kit which can be found at the following steam page:
Steam Workshop :: Stygian Building Kit
Steam Workshop: Conan Exiles. A simple kit for making clay brick buildings like those found in Sepermeru. There's a 1 point feat under master mason to learn recipes. This is an early/beta build, so some things are subject to chan

Since these textures already exist in game the mod is a paltry 6.4mb in size, which is really the only reason I'm suggesting its inclusion, as we already have pretty hefty download requirements. For comparison, Gardener is 286.6mb and the Immersive Clutter is 153.4mb.

However, this gives desert-dwellers a rather nice looking T3 option, something we are really lacking at the moment. Stats wise it is identical to standard Tier 3 construction.

TL;DR?

Pros
  • Additional building style (Tier 3), desert friendly
  • Tiny mod size (6.4mb)
  • Infrequently updates (last Dec 11)
  • Same stats as T3, just different visuals

Cons
  • Another mod on the list
  • You don't like nice things?

That's about all I can think of, this is pretty straightforward in what it offers and the potential cost. I didn't run into any conflicts when just plugging it in at the bottom of the existing list of mods but there's always the potential for compatibility issues I suppose.

Please leave your thoughts, thank you!

Einarr
Posted Jan 29, 19 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+13
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I feel like we have enough mods on this server, an wouldn't want to trade any of the current ones for this. If we place too many more mods on this server, my computer won't run the game. So for me, this isn't a big enough change to vote yes.
Posted Jan 29, 19
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
It's so tiny and amg desert buildings! For how small it is, I'm up for it. I'll say yes. Do we really need to swap a mod for this one?
Posted Jan 29, 19
Votes:
+61
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Untagged users
It's very small and it adds some actually cool stuff... so why not ^^
Posted Jan 29, 19
Nick AdminDM
Votes:
+61
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
DM
I like the fact that it's T3 Desert that doesn't look like you're building an S&M dungeon, which is my biggest complaint against the regular stone T3.
Posted Jan 30, 19
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+39
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
wrote:
I like the fact that it's T3 Desert that doesn't look like you're building an S&M dungeon, which is my biggest complaint against the regular stone T3.

Exactly that. For a mere 6Mb, it sure looks like its worth it to finally have T3 walls that look like they belong in the setting ;)
I'd be for it.
enjin-1315243-5011716-gray.png
Posted Jan 30, 19
Agree
List
Undo
NoticeNotices