54 replies
Arinoth AdminDM
Votes:
+60
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
DM
Hey all. This is just a quick poll about what the community wants regarding the use of healing items during PvP. While you may discuss it/state your opinions or personal preference, please do not devolve into an argument.
Yes, healing items should be used during pvp.
31 votes
44.3%
No, healing items should not be used during pvp.
39 votes
55.7%
Number of voters: 70
Poll is closed
banner.png
Posted Feb 1, 19 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Just don’t think that healing in combat is realistic at all. Unless you have a healer on the firld and are able to step back and dissengage.
Posted Feb 1, 19
List
Undo
Arinoth AdminDM
Votes:
+60
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
DM
Yes, I forgot to mention the why for this vote: So, it used to be a setting through the server mod that healing items were next to useless during combat(Was mostly just used to regen after the fight was over, PvE or PvP regardless) and pvp damage was also upped. Fights were more brutal, ended faster, and relied more on skill than on anything else. Personally, I feel that a lack of healing items during PvP would still promote the same - that combat would rely more on skill - and also feel more immersive. This has been on my mind for a couple of months, and only after people have recently started coming to me thinking that this was already a rule did I decide to actually push it through my admin team.

And here we are, as we've decided to let the ultimate vote on this rule rely on the community rather than on just an admin decision.
banner.png
Posted Feb 1, 19 · OP
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
On a big battlefield you will never know if someone heald or not -> This will bring extra pressure for this.
Yeah it seems not realistic ( but there will be a patch soon enough where you have to stand still for healing )
If Funcom will still do it of course :d
Posted Feb 1, 19
Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I think this as an additional restriction is an undue burden on players.
Commissions. I do them.

Portfolio | DevArt | Tumblr
Posted Feb 1, 19
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Thsts how the wraps work. Tho they gave an alternative use tho I’ve not tested. Vigs told me they regen Your grit instant even w/out healing
Posted Feb 1, 19
Votes:
+6
Untagged users
Healing during combat is not realistic, and puts an assaulter at an clear advantage. When they intent to assault someone. Whereas the unprepared defender won't stand a chance at all.
So, for balancing sake. I'm against healing during PvP.
Posted Feb 1, 19 · Last edited Feb 1, 19
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Surprise should have it’s advantages
Posted Feb 1, 19
Votes:
+61
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Untagged users
Combat mostly relies on luck and rubberbanding nowadays, more than skill. It's not really something we can do much about, since it comes from the server's coding (and its sad lack of hyperthreading, among other things :p).

Overall I don't mind either, though. We'd just have to be aware of the limitations of both.

=> Removing healing items risks pushing everyone through the same sort of cookie-cutter PvP build, making several perks (like Vitality 40 & 50) completely useless. It's not really a huge deal, but it would be a consequence. It also risks putting all the weight on who lags in the most profitable manner.

=> Keeping healing items could lead to stupidly long PvP fights where someone grabs 10 stacks of aloe soups and regens 24/7 all the time. Now this is alleviated by the bleed/poison DotS that make healing impossible, but it could encourage running while the debuff runs out, healing to full and going back at it. Could be a little dumb.

In the first case, fights would very unlikely to be based on skill, and could very easily feel exceedingly unfair. You see someone rubberband towards you and 3 seconds later you're PD'd. =/
In the second case, fights could end up turning into a "who carried more soup" contests, making reaper poison pretty much mandatory. Could also turn out to be rather frustrating, especially if encounters last for >10 minutes.

Pros and cons on both, honestly I think both options have equally annoying cons and interesting pros, so... pretty neutral on that one.
Posted Feb 1, 19 · Last edited Feb 1, 19
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
You have no clue how hard it will be, like to know if someone healed or not.
With the right spec you just outrun everyone and heal up befor anyone would notice anything.
My option would be to wait for that patch if they change it ( You will do an animation where your char stands still and such )
For example, in a long fight, someone needs to eat -> Healing.
Drama will set on, so let it be like it is to avoid such things.
Posted Feb 1, 19
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices